- The night before, braid hair or dry roll hair to get soft wavy texture.
- Beginning at the top of your head, pull back hair section-by-section in the shape of a half moon to create a pompadour. Use the width of your brow to measure how far the pompadour should spread (the width is generally from 3/4 of the way into each brow).
Loosely twist and pin the sections of the pompadour to the top of your head and smooth the front lightly, using a teasing brush.
- Lightly slick sides back and start pinning hair directly into a "Mohawk" running down the back of your head. Twist and pin random pieces to create different textures.
- Finally, at the bottom section, make two ponytails side by side.
- Wrap and twist ponytails lightly into semi loose low buns, using bobby pins and hair pins to secure for an edgy modern look.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Protective Style: Cute Messy Updo
This style is perfect for a braidout or a rollerset. It's a great way to add a day or two to your do before you wash.